A house caught fire on the south side of Des Moines, and the fire department arrived to help. The family was standing outside of the home, but their two dogs were stranded inside. The first responders did everything in their power and were able to bring Prince out to safety.
Unfortunately, the other dog had passed away while inside. But firefighters got to work and resuscitated Prince to save his life! Creature Comforts made room in their schedule to bring the dog in right away to be treated for smoke inhalation, according to Animal Rescue League’s Animal Services.
They not only have him a thorough examination but also a nice bath.
The family ended up losing their one dog and all of their belongings, but all of the members and Prince are now safe.
Source: ARL Animal Services/KCCI8
“Once the fire was over, one of the firefighters who had saved Prince’s life sought him out to make sure he was truly OK,” it was stated. “As the firefighter came over, Prince stood up on his hind legs against him, as if to say thank you. ‘Alright, buddy,’ the firefighter said, smiling as Prince snuggled close. ‘This is the way we want to see you.’”